Wedding Program Wording FAQ
A wedding program can be as detailed or as simple as you want it to be depending on your style. Most commonly the wedding program is made up of four parts: the introduction, ceremony order, wedding party and the closure or special note. Having a wedding program is a great way for your guests to know what to expect during the ceremony, as well as giving them some fun information to read while they wait for the ceremony to begin. If you’re stuck on how to word you wedding program, find the answers to your questions below.See all wording categories
Wedding Program Wording FAQ
1. How do we begin our Wedding Program?
The introduction of you Wedding Program should include the names of the bride and groom, the date and time of the ceremony, as well as the wedding venue, city and state. You can even include an engagement photo to add a little more fun to it.
2. How should we outline the Wedding Ceremony?
When wording your program, it's best to list out the various events in the order that will take place during your wedding ceremony. You can also include details of any traditions or rituals during the Ceremony. Some of the events that may be included are:
- Prelude (list name of the song)
- Seating of Grandparents and Parents
- Wedding party processional (list names and song)
- Bridal processional (entrance song)
- Marriage vows
- Exchange of rings
- Declaration of marriage
- Recessional (list name of the song)
3. How do we list our Wedding Party in the program?
It is important to include everyone who is taking part during the wedding ceremony. This can be the parents, grandparents, bridesmaids, groomsmen flower girl, ring bear, officiant, any musicians, readers, singers, etc. When listing names, be sure to include their title such as Maid of Honor or Bride’s Parents.
Maid of Honor
4. How can we conclude our wedding program?
A great way to end the program is with a special note from the bride and groom which expresses their thanks to their guests. You can also choose a favorite quote as well!
From The Bride and Groom
Thank you to all of our friends and family,
we are sincerely grateful for your presence in our lives.
Thank you for joining us to celebrate our special day.
5. What else can we include in our wedding program?
Wedding programs have no strict guidelines, you can include just about anything you want. There is no right or wrong when it comes to creating your wedding program, as long as you show off the personality of the bride and groom, it will surely be liked by your friends and family. Some things to include may be:
• Memorials of loved ones who have past, but would still liked to be remembered
• An explanation of the wedding songs chosen
• A quote that’s meaningful to you or a special poem.
• Life of the bride and groom
• The story of your proposal or how you met
Your wedding programs is a great keepsake from your wedding day so really make it your own.